As the season turns, and the leaves become golden it really is the perfect time for an outdoor family portrait session. The colors are beautiful and it’s not too chilly. Our latest family shoot took place in Malvern at a local park with cute little Harrison and his parents. He loved being able to sit and play in the grass, and had a fabulous smile for the camera!
If you’re interested in a portrait session, we would love to hear from you! Kelly Anthony Photography – family portrait photographers.
This was a fun family photo-shoot set against the colours of autumn in Canterbury. The four brothers and sisters organised a shoot as a gift for their mum for Mother’s Day. What a great idea !
Don’t forget that we also have gift vouchers for portrait shoots available!
We were so excited to meet little Priya, who was welcomed into the world by Andy and Martine just in time for Easter! On the long weekend, we headed across town to Preston, Melbourne to hang out with Andy and Martine and their new little bub for a lifestyle newborn shoot, officially the most smitten parents we have ever met! We arrived in the early morning to the smell of delicious coffee and sat down for a good long catch up, and the news that freshly made hot cross bun mixture was rising. At only nine days old, Priya was super sleepy and perfectly beautiful. She barely opened her cute little eyes for the entire shoot. It was fantastic getting out and about and enjoying such the sunshine! We really enjoyed being able to photograph just a glimpse of the joy + love + hope for the future in this lovely little family!
It’s that time of year again! If you’re keen to break with the usual traditions of chocolates and flowers, remember that Mum’s also love photos! So we’ve put together a great offer just for Mothers Day.
The package details are:
- A 20 minute mini portrait session.
- Includes up to 5 people.
- We’re including a free 11×14″ archival quality enlargement print, and it’s accompanying high resolution digital file.
- Additional prints can be purchased which come with high resolution digital files.
- Portrait sessions are held on location – in the comfort of your own home, park or beach.
To book your Mother’s Day session or to find out more, contact us on email@example.com
We also want to thanks our Facebook fans with an additional 10% off print orders. Click here to visit our facebook page.
Offer is valid until 19 May 2013.
Additional people can be added for $25/person. Travel with metropolitan Melbourne.
We love our family! We’re pleased to share some of the images captured during Nat’s recent 21st birthday party. The celebrations were held on a beautiful summer’s day, in a park along the banks of the Yarra River in Hawthorn. It was a lovely relaxed afternoon with much laughter, sporadic water fights and delicious food. As speeches were presented, the hill where all the guests were sitting was bathed in a beautiful golden sunlight. Magical. In the rush of study, work and life, rare moments like this, to pause, reflect, and celebrate life’s milestones, achievements and affirm the people we care about is really special. Nat’s an amazing young woman – intelligent, a committed and thoughtful friend, inclusive, fun and with a very very cheeky sense of humour!
Let us know if you have a birthday or special function coming up, and ask us about our photography packages to capture these special moments!
Relaxed. Friendly. Fun. This was a special family portrait session bringing together family members from three generations. Grandparents, parents and kids all bundled into their cars and tumbled out again into a local park in Carnegie, to make the most of the beautiful summery weather. The afternoon light was stunning, as were the shady trees we retreated under. It’s lovely seeing families enjoy being together, and we do our best to keep our photo sessions as relaxed as possible. We’re really pleased with these images, and can’t help but smile back in response to such infectious grins! We hope that these photos will bring happy memories for many years to come for this family!
We love summer days. It’s the perfect time to head outdoors and enjoy the sunshine. Below are some photos from a fun family portrait session with the Taylors, out in Ruffy Lake Park in Templestowe.
Here are some images from our latest portrait session with Reagan, Victoria and their four month old son. We love meeting new people and families and capturing their time together. It’s always special to see how much love is poured into tiny babies from their parents. These photos were taken in Carlton starting at their lovely Victorian terrace home and then wandering down to a local coffee shop in Rathdowne village to enjoy the winter sunshine and a latte!
We’ve just moved to Eltham, located in the North East of Melbourne. We are loving exploring this beautiful area and testing out the cafes one by one. We love that there are so many trees and birds. Here’s a picture from a recent weekend meander down by the Yarra River in Warrandyte. What a peaceful spot.
We had a fun time photographing little Austen and his folks on this beautifully sunny day, which was relaxed and with plenty of laughs. We started in Springthorpe Gardens, Murrumbeena taking advantage of the beautiful backdrop of autumn coloured leaves, and then headed back to their family home to warm up and take a few more!
If you’re interested in capturing some special moments with your family, contact us to book in your session!
Last weekend we had a great afternoon with Monica, Alex and their little son Chase for a family portrait session. These guys have been our friends for a long time, and it has been great to see them thriving in their new role as parents. The soft, golden afternoon light was just perfect and the park provided ample space for Chase to run around and play with his ball – which he was completely enamored by. He may have quite a career in football or soccer, one day! It’s always a delight to see the cheeky expressions and moments captured on camera from children at this special age where they are discovering so many new things about themselves and the world around them. We’re really happy to share these images with you:
Welcome to Bangladesh. Have some tea. Dodge multiple buses on the highway. Stop for another cuppa. Eat rice and daal. Followed by more tea. Belt out impromptu renditions of Australian anthem. Smiling kids. Lots of dust. More tea.
For the past three weeks I have been working in Bangladesh, covering hundreds of kilometres and more than 50 hours on rural roads to visit work being done with extremely poor, marginal, ‘at-risk’ communities. We walked through rice paddies, through slums where homes are made of plastic rice sacks sewn together and crossed meandering rivers on public ferries. The most memorable times were sitting, chatting and laughing together with the groups that we visited. Bangladesh’s treasure is truly its people.
For me, community development done well, sends the message that ‘you are not forgotten or alone’, and that ‘your life matters’.
All images below were taken with permission, where this was possible.
Competition Rules & Guidelines
Kelly Anthony Photography will be hitherto be referred to as the ‘Photographer’ and the competition winner as the ‘Client’.
• The competition is open to couples who are engaged and planning to marry in 2012 and have not yet booked a wedding photographer (by the date of the competition winner announcement).
• Only one entry can be accepted per couple.
• The photo shoot will take place in a Melbourne location subject to the photographer’s approval and any relevant permissions that need to be obtained.
• There is no obligation to book your wedding photography with the Photographer or purchase any products from the Photographer thereafter.
• Copyright. The photographer will retain full copyright of the images. The client is permitted only to print and use the photos for personal use. Commercial use of the images by the Client is not permitted.
• The photographer may use the images in both their online portfolio (website and blog and social networking sites) and into printed portfolios for prospective clients.
• The style and the feel of the photo shoot and the duration will be the Photographer’s decision.
• The competition prize includes only photography services. Styling and make-up and the Client’s travel expenses are the Client’s responsibility and are not included in the prize.
• The Client cannot redeem the photo shoot for a cash value or exchange the photo session for any other product or service.
• The Client can arrange the photo shoot with the Photographer only, on a mutually agreeable date and time, weekday or weekend. The photo shoot must take place before the 30th August 2012.
• The prize is an engagement photo shoot of one hour and three 11” x 14 prints from the shoot. Additional prints and images may be purchased.
• The winner will be determine by voting. To vote, a comment must be made on the blog. Only one comment per person may be made. The couple with the most votes will win the engagement photo shoot.
• If there is a draw, the Photographer will determine the winner based on the entires. The Photographer’s decision is final.
• Entries close on 29th February 2012, 5pm. Voting starts on 5th March 2012, 5pm and finishes on 18th March 2012, 5pm. The winner will be announced by 25th March 2012.
• Each couple that enters will receive three 11″ x 14″ wedding prints if they book the Photographer as their wedding photographer.
• Submitting your entry to this competition is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. Submitted blog comments must be approved for publication by the Photographer to be entered into the competition.
Kelly Anthony Photography are offering ‘Mini Portrait Sessions’ in February!
Our mini sessions are fun photo shoots of around 20 minutes for individuals, couples and families of up to five people. This is a great way to get outdoors and enjoy the sunshine while updating your family album. Sessions will be held on Saturday the 11th and 18th of February at Canterbury Gardens or a park close to your home.
For your session fee of $50, you will receive full access to your private online gallery which will showcase 10-15 edited images. Images and prints can be ordered from your online gallery. This will be ready for viewing within two weeks of your session. A range of other beautiful quality products can also be purchased through the website including enlargements and canvas prints.
A limited number of mini sessions are available for booking so to secure your booking, contact us:
Phone: 0479 025 639
Session fee is payable upon booking
*Please note that because newborns and babies (under 6 months) need extra time and special care to ensure great photos, we won’t be offering short sessions for this age group. Details for our newborn and baby session can be found on our website.
We recently caught up with Tammy, James and their beautiful daughter Maddison, on a fresh and sunny spring day. We’ve known Tam and James for about six or seven years – they’re wonderful people – vibrant, full of life and energy, with wonderful smiles. Their beautiful girl Maddie is no exception and has a gorgeous little personality. She has a wonderful future ahead!
Its always a pleasure to take photographs of friends and it has meant that we have been there for some special moments, laughs and catch ups in between photos. I also especially enjoy taking family portraits. I enjoy seeing a glimpse of special and often fun family moments, all in a relaxed setting.
This time I’d like to share a few of my favourite images from the shoot – Kelly
Christmas Portrait Sessions
We are excited to announce our Christmas Portrait Sessions, just in time for Christmas. We are offering mini sessions, which are short and fun photo shoots of around 20 minutes for individuals, couples and families of up to five people. These short portrait sessions are a great way to update your family album and make fantastic Christmas gifts.
A limited number of mini sessions are available for booking on Saturday the 5th of November. Session times are available between 9am till 12pm. These will be held in the picturesque Boyd Park in Murrumbeena to maximise the beautiful spring weather.
For your session fee of $50 you will receive full access to an online gallery of between 10 to 20 edited images and a complementary 5×7” print of your choice. Additional prints and digital files can also be ordered from your online gallery which will be ready, one to two weeks after your session. Please contact us for a full price list of products available for these sessions.
*Please note that because newborns and babies (under 6 months) need extra time and special care to ensure great photos, we won’t be offering short sessions for this age group. Please see our website for our newborn and baby session details.
Places are limited, so to secure your booking and obtain a full price list contact us:
Phone: 0479 025 639
Session fee is payable upon booking
As I was editing this image taken in a small town in China, I reflected on how life in Australia is really convenient. If we turn on a switch, we have electricity. We turn the tap and have clean running water. We get sick, we can go to the doctor or the hospital. And, if we are hungry, food is readily available.
But today I’m remembering that:
- one in eight people who do not have access to safe water supplies (over 850 million)
- one in seven people who will go hungry each day (over 900 million)
- one in five people who do not have electricity (1.4 billion)
There is plenty we can do to help with prayer, giving our time and resources and considering our lifestyle choices here in Australia. It’s not a lost cause.
Last weekend had beautifully sunny skies and was warm.
I enjoyed meeting Garry and Atsuko and their niece Rui for a Saturday morning photo shoot in Melbourne. I should also introduce the other important member of their family. Trooper, their Labrador is Garry’s guide dog. He is an integral part of Garry’s life – increasing mobility and independence. They make a great team. Trooper was particularly photogenic and even looked directly at the camera when called by name!
After taking some photos at and around their home, we took advantage of the sunny weather and walked down to the local shops in Hawthorn, where the family regularly go for fresh fruit, vegetables and meat.
Here is a glimpse of our day together!
It’s such a privilege to be able to photograph new born babies! Isaac was less than two weeks old and very expressive. Holding such a young baby, you can’t help but think of the potential that this little one has ahead of him.
Thanks to Isaac’s parents for their patience and friendship! Your photo’s will be ready soon!